Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATmega32A

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] ATmega32A
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 07:55:39 +0530

Hi, all,

Indeed there is no (code wise) difference between 32, 32L & 32A (also
applies to other MPUs like Mega8 etc).

I recently tried a commercial compiler, where selection for 32, 32L, &
32A was given separately, and posed the same query to them.

The answer was
" All three are the same for the compiler. A separate selection has
been given for 32A, simply because, being a newer device,  people kept
asking what chip should be selected for 32A. So the simplest solution
was to just add a menu item for the chip."

So the menu item for 32A is just for psychological purposes !

--Royce