Re: [avr-gcc-list] Setting pin to high in function instead of main, inst

From: Johannes Bauer
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Setting pin to high in function instead of main, instructions in main never run?
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:15:40 +0100

On 01.03.2012 16:00, Richard Zetterberg wrote:
> With my no-existing experience I conclude that's the source of the
> problem, and thus the problem is solved.
>
> Does that make sense or is that just a coincidence that it is now
> working?

This makes perfect sense. If you happened to upload a compilation unit
(i.e. the non-relocated, non-linked .text segment), it would work
somewhat (since you just place your program in the middle of the vector
table at the start of which is the reset vector), but the jump makes
everything go south (no SP initialized).

Best regards,
Joe