Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc

From: Kaan Akşit
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 15:19:58 +0300

I am really confused because if I do not set any prefix during configuration; both avr-gcc and avr-binutils will use /usr/local which means default is not the supported way.

So to give an example if I use prefix /usr/local for avr-binutils, should I be using something outside of /usr/local ? For example /usr/share/avr.  Then I need to export both /usr/local and /usr/share/avr as PATH? Did I get i right?

Kaan

2012/8/1 Senthil Kumar Selvaraj <address@hidden>
On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 12:35:47PM +0300, Kaan Akşit wrote:
> I am using below code to configure avr-gcc, I don't understand what is
> wrong with it:
>
> ../configure --target=avr --mandir=/usr/share/man --datadir=/usr/share
> --prefix=/usr/share/avr --enable-languages="c,c++" --disable-nls
> --disable-libssp --with-dwarf2 --with-system-zlib
> --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --with-pkgversion="Pardus Linux"
> --with-bugurl=http://bugs.pardus.org.tr
>
> Kaan

Running configure from within a subdirectory of the gcc source directory (as inferred from ../configure) is
not supported. See http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html. You need
to create a directory outside the toplevel source directory for GCC and
run configure from there.

Regards
Senthil