Re: [avr-gcc-list] Simple but wrong code

From: John Gallagher
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Simple but wrong code
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:20:36 -0500

I am not sure what your problem is, but looking briefly over your code I wouldn't be surprised if it is due to using delays inside your ISRs.  This is generally considered a very bad idea, since it can create all sorts of concurrency / blocking problems. The way people generally handle a case like yours would be to set a global flag in the ISR if you want to blink you LED, and then check the flag and do the actual blinking in your while(1) loop.

This may not be causing your issue, but it also may be. Either way, it is probably a good idea to make your ISRs as short as possible, which means removing any delays.