Re: [avr-gcc-list] String array in ROM gives error in spite of following

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] String array in ROM gives error in spite of following example code.
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 07:49:29 +0200 (MET DST)

Royce Pereira <address@hidden> wrote:

> Even the libc documentation, which was once the bible of avr-gcc on
> this is not accurate. The sample code just does not work.

Apparently, nobody noticed before.  Please, file a bug report
to the avr-libc project, so we can fix that.

The question here (as always) is whether you really want both, the
strings itself as well as the pointers (table of it) in flash.  The
table is quite small, and could as well be kept in RAM unless you are
very thight on RAM.

As the compiler now understands the __flash qualifier, using that
would make it a lot easier.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/