Re: [avr-gcc-list] LLVM 4.0 AVR backend

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] LLVM 4.0 AVR backend
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 19:30:06 +1100

On 16.03.17 08:54, David Brown wrote:
> It might be a little heretical to ask here, but has anyone tried out the
> experimental AVR backend in the latest llvm/clang release?  I have not
> made much use of clang, but it's been good for gcc to have a bit of
> friendly competition.  I think it will be interesting to see how
> clang/llvm differs from gcc for the AVR.

No, I haven't tried it. As even gcc backend support moves at a sedate
pace, I'm moved to wonder who works on the llvm avr backend?

Your move to discover what user base it has is a good one, but after a
couple of decades of using gcc on multiple targets, I'm probably rusted
on to the toolchain which has served me so well for so long in so many
battles.

Erik