[avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc docs

From: Theodore Roth
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc docs
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 11:44:45 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

:) I don't know it, from a cursory review of its description, it doesn't
:) sound all too bad.
:)
:) Ideally, i'd like to see a man page (with a really /short/ reference
:) for each function), too, since man pages are the standard Unix way of
:) documenting things.  I could perhaps persuaded to volunteer for
:) writing it. ;-)

Man pages can be generated using doxygen. See
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/index.html for more info on what it
can do. I haven't generated man pages yet, so I don't know if it would
generate what you have in mind. I have found doxygen to be rather flexible
in it's configuration for a project.

:) Might be an idea.  There are at least two people listening on the
:) avr-gcc list who by now wrote some sort of documentation for
:) avr-libc...  Maybe they would join there?

I was hoping Rich Neswold would either help out or let us "steal" some
stuff from his document. His doc is really nice but is not evolving at the
speed of the tools so it's a tad stale.

Ted Roth