Re: [avr-libc-dev] quell compiler warning in malloc.c

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] quell compiler warning in malloc.c
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:16:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

:) >   ../../../../libc/stdlib/malloc.c:197: warning: assignment makes pointer
:) >   from integer without a cast

Is my cast OK for this?

:) Hmm, i thought i've already fixed (or hidden :) all of them...  Obviously,
:) i only posted the fix here, but never got any feedback.  The signed/unsigned
:) warnings have the problem that we'd need more of the combined mul/div
:) functions in order to cover all possible combinations of signed/unsigned
:) non-long/long argument pairs in order to properly handle them.

I remember reading that now. It was in the back of my mind though which is
why I asked (besides the fear of getting flamed for breaking it;).

Ted Roth