Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] I fixed dtostre()

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] I fixed dtostre()
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:20:34 +0200

As Jamie Morken wrote:

> Here is a working printf that I downloaded from some unremembered place
> awhile ago  (it is not a full implementation but works well otherwise!)
> http://www.rocketresearch.org/new/printf.zip

That version once accompanied Marek's distribution of avr-libc (under
`experimental' or something like that).

We've at least got a copyright problem with it.  For whatever reason,
Alexander Popov blindly stuck a GPL in front of the BSD license that's
apparently inherited from the original source code.  Both are
contradicionary to some extent, and i guess nobody really using
avr-libc for their (non-hobbyist) projects is going to accept a GPL.

Anyway, my hope was to get it somewhat smaller than this version.  I
already looked at the one in my FreeBSD system, but it looks already
huge and twisted in the C code...  Well, let's see.  We can always
fall back to the BSD version (and the copyright problem could easily
be solved by simply starting to port it again straight from a BSD