Re: [avr-libc-dev] Online docs

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Online docs
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:13:36 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, E. Weddington wrote:

:) Hello *,
:)
:) Any thoughts on making the online docs frameless?

Lots of thoughts. I don't particularly like the current situation. The
problem is that we are constrained by what doxygen can generate. The tree
view (frames) is not optimal, but doxygen doesn't generate a proper index
for html. It should. But there's not much I can do about right now (beyond
spending a lot of time I don't have hacking on doxygen).

There's many other things that drive me nuts about doxygen, but it does a
decent job for the most part once you learn how to bend to it's
inflexibilities.

:)
:) I tend to give out references to the docs, and a lot of times to
:) specific FAQ answers. Currently I have to do one of two things:
:) 1. Give a ref to the top level of the docs and then tell the user
:) which links to go through in the TOC tree on the left.
:) 2. Find the specific page/link myself and open frame in new window.
:) Give user specific link. But then when they go there they don't have
:) the TOC tree on the left with all the rest of the documentation.
:)
:) Can this be remedied?

Probably, but not in the short term due to time constraints. Feel free to
work on it.

:)
:) Also, on colors: while I like the gray, the TOC tree icons still show
:) up in white and makes everything look second-rate. Is there anyway to
:) go to all grey? If not, I'd rather vote to go back to all white, it
:) makes the docs look more professional at least.

Committed.

2002-11-04  Theodore A. Roth  <address@hidden>

        * doc/api/Makefile.am: Fix all pngs to have proper transparency.

Ted Roth