Re: [avr-libc-dev] FAQ addition?

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] FAQ addition?
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:34:45 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, E. Weddington wrote:

:) I've seen this question floating around a lot and I don't have a good
:) answer for it because I don't use it:
:)
:) How do you setup a project to use external RAM?
:)
:) I was wondering if someone else knew a good answer and would be
:) willing to contribute to the FAQ.

It actually rather trivial:

    MCUCR = _BV (SRE);          /* Enable External SRAM/XMEM */

The only gotcha is that you need to set it up early on in the startup
procedure.

One example would be wanting to put the stack in xmem (although is
suboptimal performance wise). You would need to enable xmem before setting
up the stack pointer (SP).

Any other examples?

I'll write something up for this later today.

Ted Roth