Re: [avr-libc-dev] io.h re-org

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] io.h re-org
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 21:15:55 +0100

As E. Weddington wrote:

> easier for you Ted? However, being a complete fool, uh... novice at
> using CVS, a handy command line would be helpful in grabbing the
> source.

Look at the CVS description in the project area:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=avr-libc

There's a couple of command lines written there.  The only thing you
need to know is that <modulename> should be specified as "avr-libc",
this will checkout the entire project source (into a directory of the
same name).

I usually find that unlike all these descriptions, it's not strictly
necessary to "login" to the CVS server since the access is made
anonymously anyway; but YMMV, perhaps this is an artifact of my CVS
client command.

> I was thinking of including 2.13.2.1 because it is a stable
> relase. Any opinions on which version I should include in the next
> WinAVR release?

Tell you what: my FreeBSD ports still ship a version from July 2002
(and that's what i'm using myself, too). ;-)  I think there were no
drastical changes to binutils regarding the AVR since then.  So you
should be pretty fine to ship a released version instead of some
experimental snapshot.  (There was this change to the assembler
later on that caused the symbol relocation errors since the assembler
started to interpret "rjmp +2" as an absolute address, but since our
compiler now properly generates "rjmp .+2", this is fully backwards
compatible even to the older assembler.)