[avr-libc-dev] Adding new device to LibC

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Adding new device to LibC
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:29:30 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

This is my first post to the list.. i'm interested in
helping out somehow in the AVR-GCC project..

Anyway I've got a question: what is involved in adding
a new device? I'm talking about the AT86RF401, an RF
transmitter with AVR core in it. AVR-GCC has support
for it already... and I've made a header file for it.

BTW in the IO header file what is this line for
#define _VECTORS_SIZE
? Its right after the interrupts, I've got the rest of
the things done.

  Thanks

   -Colin

PS: Is anyone already working on this TODO:
- In include/avr/delay.h, add macros to allow
specifying delays directly in microseconds (with MCU
clock frequency defined by the user). With
constant delays, all floating point math would be done
at compile time.