Re: [avr-libc-dev] avr-boot.h

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] avr-boot.h
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:27:45 +1200

> Yes there are plans.
>
> I have renamed the file to boot.h and it will tentatively reside in
> avr/include/avr, so you would use: #include <avr/boot.h>.
>
> I am also in the middle of doing some work with pgmspace.h, with
> renaming and adding some more macros to read data from flash. The
> read byte routine has to be modified to work properly on the mega128
> and I'm adding read word routines. The names for these functions will
> also be more consistent and (hopefully) easier to remember.
>
> The pgmspace.h work is somewhat of a prerequisite to finishing up
> boot.h. The bulk of boot.h is finished and I've given out
> experimental versions of it to other people who are interested and
> it's worked out for other people fairly reliably. There are some
> minor (but important) code optimizations that still need to be done.
> However, these optimizations are targeted for the smaller platforms,
> such as the mega8, so it could be important for you.
>
> I'm hoping to submit the new pgmspace.h within a week or two for
> review and a new boot.h within a couple of weeks after that.
>
> If you want, I can send you the boot.h that I have now, if you don't
> mind working with experimental versions.

While I am curious,  I'm working on other things currently, but hopefully by
the time you have a worked through the issues, I will be ready to give it a
try.

Cheers

Alex Shepherd

PS Sorry all about my previous posting having the company's legal
appendage - I screwed up and posted from the wrong mail client