Re: [avr-libc-dev] todo for 1.0.4?

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] todo for 1.0.4?
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:40:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, E. Weddington wrote:

> On 16 Apr 2004 at 11:35, Theodore A. Roth wrote:
>
> > I'm planning making the 1.0.4 release early next week.
> >
> > Open patches that might go in:
> >
> >   2155  optimizing strtol()/strotoul()
> >   2651      signal and UART reisters name consistency
> >
> > Open bugs that might go in:
> >
> >   8391      Fuse mask in boot.h wrong?  (I posted a patch for this the other
> >         day)
> >
> > 2155 and 8391 will most like go in unless I hear some arguments against.
> >
> > I've got a few dox cleanups/updates to do also.
> >
> > Anything else?
>
> When do you want to start removing some deprecated items? Specifically these
> macros: outb, inb, outp, inp, sbi, cbi.

That's for 1.1. Nothing marked deprecated in 1.0 should be removed from
1.0.

I've been planning on doing deprecated removal sweep on HEAD for a
while, just haven't had the time yet.

> Doing support on these is starting to get old.

Huh? I don't really consider telling people not to use them as support.
If they want to use them and are surprised when they disappear, then
they haven't been paying attention or reading the docs for the last
year. There's been plenty of warning and if they really want to use the
deprecated interfaces, they can write the #defines themselves.

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9
Jabber ID: address@hidden