Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] per-device crt/libs; autoconf/automake update

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] per-device crt/libs; autoconf/automake update
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:03:00 -0600

On 28 Apr 2004 at 15:51, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've made some progress with my autoconf-branch work.

Wow! That's fast...

<large snip of good stuff>

> Now would be a good time to voice any concerns about what I'm doing...

Since everything is going into the blender, what about the idea of merging libc
and libm? There's been several discussions about this, but up to now it's all
been rhetorical. I have no strong position on it. I do know that it would help
(slightly) with support issues where a person did not put in -lm when they were
using floating point. Also see bug #3485:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=3485>