RE: [avr-libc-dev] CVS & Windows

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] CVS & Windows
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 07:58:53 +1200

> > I need to know how, under windows, to tell cvs to use ssh.
> Actually
> > ssh2 which can use the earlier protocol would be best.
> >

> Got me. I use the Cygwin tools (and its version of cvs),
> which is like a
> variant of Unix.
>
> Eric

You can go and get TortoiseCVS from http://www.tortoisecvs.org/ which
integrates with the Windows Explorer and also comes with a version of the
Putty Plink.exe to so the SSH2 link. I haven't used this much but it seems
to work and has everything in a single install bundle.

I actually use WinCVS http://www.wincvs.org/ and the Putty Plink for SSH.
WinCVS has the capability to run Macros (via Python) to perform a variety of
management tasks like change the CVSROOT in a project that is already
checked out etc.

Alex