Re: [avr-libc-dev] bug #12033 (macros.inc)

From: John Altstadt
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] bug #12033 (macros.inc)
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 10:32:06 -0700

Wojtek Kaniewski wrote:
> Joerg Wunsch wrote:
>
>> This has not been merged yet into the 1.2 branch, I'd appreciate if
>> others could test whether everything is OK before I merge it.
>

> cvs head compiles fine with binutils 2.16.91.0.1 and gcc 3.4.4.
>
> unfortunately i'm unable to test the binaries, because build scripts
> modified for autoconf 2.59 and automake 1.9.4 don't install libc properly.

I raised bug #13416 about the autoconf problem against avr-libc-1.2.3.
It looks like different versions of autoconf were used to create various
files, which causes clashes when the build tries to use the matching
older versions.

I worked around the problem by temporarily renaming the older versions
of autoconf on my system so that the scripts could only find autoconf 2.59.

John