Re: [avr-libc-dev] I intend to roll avr-libc-1.2.5 by tomorrow

From: Björn Haase
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] I intend to roll avr-libc-1.2.5 by tomorrow
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 21:38:56 +0200

Joerg Wunsch wrote
> If we could agree (and implement) to Björn Haase's solution to the
> EEPROM problem (at least as a workaround that can easily be done
> inside the 1.2 release line), I'm more than happy if that could be in
> 1.2.5 as well.

in my today's opinion two issues need to be fixed and one should be fixed with
the patch I had posted a couple of days ago:

1) I should have considered that ram read accesses could have side effects for
the avr architecture (auto-increment issue recognized thank's to Dimitry K.),
2) the case of compile-time known block size of "0" has been handled
incorrectly, and
3) I should probably have used double underscores for the library define
symbols and function entry labels instead of a single underscore.

Open question for issue 1) was if adiw may be safely used in the library for
all of the devices. Since the present state of eeprom functions makes use of
adiw in the eeprom_read_word, I'd simply assume that the present library
implementation is correct and I could use adiw for replacing the ld x+ .

Changes for issue 2) would simply involve adding a

and 3) are straight forward. I'll try my very best to post a patch with above
corrections until tomorrow morning, say 10 `o clock German time.?

Yours,

Björn