Re: [avr-libc-dev] Testpackage gets better

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Testpackage gets better
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:34:01 +0100

As Peeter Vois wrote:

> Today is good day, yet another release of preview:

Thanks.

> Changes:
> + this will dload and build simulavr only if the simulavr is not
>   available in path. The path gets modified to have newly built
>   simulavr
>
> + now, if avr-gcc is not present in path, a message is shown and
>   script exits

That's OK.

Minor thing: if you omit the "function" from "function t()", it's
going to become compatible with a generic Posix-shell (not just bash
or ksh).

Regarding the copyright issue: it might be worth asking Ted Roth if he
would be willing to re-release that old simulavr code under a BSD
license.  I guess he wouldn't care at all.  Contact me offline if you
want to do that, so I can get you his current email address.

Regarding the chunk-wise loading into simulavr: it's probably what you
are supposed to do, yes.  OTOH, did you remember you can pass a binary
to execute on the command-line?

All we need now is a documentation to write more testcases...