Re: [avr-libc-dev] FP formats

From: Peeter Vois
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] FP formats
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 17:52:49 +0200

There should be easier representation possible, I have something in my
mind, but have no time to analyze. The format in that paper does not use
3 bits, heh :) I see loss of resources there, but it is ofcourse
secondary as we can use all of them.

If you look at our fplib, then you see that for each operation with
float, the float is transferred into internal representation of floating
point from IEEE format. After the operation, it is transferred back to
IEEE format. It is indeed a overhead for transferring the formats each
time.

Best Regards,
Peeter

Ühel ilusal kenal päeval Sat, 3 Dec 2005 20:44:40 +1100
"Ron" <address@hidden> kirjutas: