[avr-libc-dev] Re: AW: [avr-gcc-list] multiple -Tdata options passed to

From: eweddington
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: AW: [avr-gcc-list] multiple -Tdata options passed to the linker forsome AVRs
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 06:10:44 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Haase Bjoern (PT-BEU/EMT) *" <address@hidden>
Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2006 2:02 am
Subject: AW: [avr-gcc-list] multiple -Tdata options passed to the linker
forsome AVRs

> The code of this "database" program would extract the required data
> andgenerate device specific header files that are needed for all of
> thedifferent projects. I'd suggest to make avr-libc the main host
> projectof this file so that it could be easily changed.
> Periodically, one would
> commit updates of it to the other projects.?
>
> My hope is, that this way one would be having only some initial work,
> but would have less maintenance problems.?

IMHO, the maintenance problem is not so much generating the patches, but
as you mentioned above: "Periodically, one would commit updates of it to
the other projects.".

Well, committing to avr-libc is not bad at all. But committing to
Binutils and GCC can be a hassle. It would be nice if there were more
people available to help approve and commit patches to the AVR port. So,
thank you Björn, for being involved in the AVR port of GCC and Binutils! :-)

Eric