Re: [avr-libc-dev] GCC bug list

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] GCC bug list
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 23:24:00 +0200

As Eric Weddington wrote:

> I want to put up a GCC bug list on the avr-libc home page
> website. I've read your README file that's in CVS. What I would like
> to do is to create a .html file in the root directory that will
> contain the current GCC bug list for the AVR target, then modify
> index.html to put in a link to that page.

That's fine.  The base directory of the Web CVS is just a normal CVS
directory.  Only the user-manual and examples subdirectories need
special care, so the files in these directories will never leave their
"vendor branch" in CVS.  Currently, there's already one file where
that happened (deprecated.html, IIRC).  This file got removed from the
docs in the past, so it also got removed from the Web CVS.  Later on,
it re-appeared, so each time I import a new set of docs now, I have to
manually merge it because it causes a CVS conflict.

Just be careful, and always run CVS with the -n option first for
whatever you're doing there, so you can see what would happen.
Believe it or not, each time I'm updating something there, I follow
the README description almost by the latter myself, including the -n
part. ;-)