[avr-libc-dev] [patch #5377] Fix for multiple dufinition error

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #5377] Fix for multiple dufinition error
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:58:33 +0200

Update of patch #5377 (project avr-libc):

Follow-up Comment #1:

I agree with Björn here that renaming these functions is a
bad idea.  They have been deliberately named that way in
order to provide overrides for the bloated functions with
the same name that are in libgcc.a (they are produced from
C code, the fplib versions are hand-tuned assembly).

The entire architecture of our current libm is debatable.
Those functions that are meant to supersede libgcc.a
functions should rather be moved out to GCC, but that's not
possible the way libm/fplib is created right now, as
everything is a large plate full of spaghetti.  However,
throwing that spaghetti away without a well-designed
replacement cannot be a solution either.

Right now, you simply have to add -lm to your linker command
line (in C++, you even have to add ${PATH_TO_LIBM}/libm.a,
but I still believe *this* is a GCC bug).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5377>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/