Re: [avr-libc-dev] bootloader for AVR USB DFU

From: Javier Almansa Sobrino
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] bootloader for AVR USB DFU
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:04:50 +0200

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 15:41:26 +0200
Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> As Javier Almansa Sobrino wrote:
>
> > Hello. I've written a client side bootloader for the USB bootloader
> > included in the AT90USB1287 for GNU/Linux. I'd like to send the
> > source to someone who can make a debian package and include it in
> > the debian package list and distros
>
> You mean, you wrote a program on the Unix host to talk to the
> bootloader in the AT90USBKEY?

yes

> As far as I know, there is already one, and I'd personally found it
> most logical to integrate support for it into AVRDUDE rather than
> inventing yet another tool.

As far I know AVRDUDE only uses ISP technique for program the AVR
device (but I don't know so much about avrdude). I think it would be a
great idea to integrate support for AVR DFU bootloader with another
tool yet invented. I have the source written, and I'd like to share it
in order to make a new tool or integrate AVR DFU support. I only want
to know where I must to send it.

Thanks.

--
El Software es como el sexo: