:Re: [avr-libc-dev] Building documentation in MinGW/MSYS

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: :Re: [avr-libc-dev] Building documentation in MinGW/MSYS
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 10:48:15 -0600

Sorry I'm responding so late to this; I didn't receive this message and I
seem to be having intermittent problems with my subscription. :-( I only
noticed Joerg's response after perusing the archives.

>As Eric Weddington wrote:
>
>I finally had the time to review all your changes, and about the only
>one I'm not really happy with is:
>
> * doc/api/Makefile.am (doxygen.confg): Remove the dependency on
> $(top_srcdir)/stamp-h1 as there is no rule in this Makefile to build
> it, which causes an error. The rule is located in the top level
> Makefile.
>
>I see your point, but some kind of dependency ought to be there to
>rebuild the docs in case something else has been changed.  I think we
>simply need to find a better way to propagate a reconfiguration step
>that has been performed at the top level down into the docs build.

I agree with you, I'm not very happy about that one either. I couldn't find
a quick fix, and it seemed harmless enough to remove and it solved my
immediate problem. I agree that there should be a dependency there. But I
couldn't figure out how to get this working in the autotools. If anyone has
a better idea, I'm certainly open to it.

>> The only unknown is with Miktex. It has a "Basic Installation" and a
>> "Full Installation". I don't know if only the Basic Installation is
>> required. I went ahead and did the Full Installation and I know it
>> works with that.
>
>Just go ahead with the full version.  For Unix systems, the teTeX
>distribution has now become the de-facto standard for LaTeX & Co., and
>like MikTeX, it's an ``all inclusive'' system that installs as much as
>might ever be needed by default.

Well it took so long to install the full version that I doubt I'll go back
to the basic installation to find out! :-)

Thanks
Eric Weddington