[avr-libc-dev] %f

From: Steve Franks
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] %f
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 22:32:37 -0700

Hi.

I know no one else in their right mind uses floating point
printf/scanf.  That said, the "double format, float arg" warning is a
bit tedious (when you have a giant string parser in a mega128).
Wouldn't the correct notation be %f -> float; %lf -> double?  I
further notice %f is a double in printf, but a "pointer to float" in
scanf.

Has this been addressed already?  It's nothing but a nuicance gripe,
and should be treated as such, but avr-libc has grown into such a
mature product, I feel it's not insulting to bring up the 'little
stuff' at this point.

Steve

--
Steve Franks, KE7BTE