RE: [avr-libc-dev] OPTIMIZE_SPEED for avr5?

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] OPTIMIZE_SPEED for avr5?
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:15:05 -0700

I'm not quite sure how that would work as the --mcu flag just doesn't take
an architecture type (like avr5) but the device name such as
--mcu=atmega128.

And again, how would the toolchain handle this? The driver (avr-gcc) would
have to send special flags to the linker (ld) to map to a fixed library file
name and automatically set an -l flag internally. This would mean target
specific changes to both GCC and GNU Binutils that would never have a chance
to get committed upstream.

Eric