Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] New eeprom.h

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] New eeprom.h
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 00:04:14 +0100

Shaun Jackman wrote:
On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Rick Altherr <address@hidden> wrote:
 Many linkers will coalesce copies of the same function from multiple
 object files.  I'm not familiar with binutils enough to know if it
 does or not.

In the standard use of avr-libc with gcc and binutils, you will get
one copy of the function per object file that uses it.

For my programs at least, I would not see that as a problem - I always have eeprom access from a single module anyway. While other people might not be as strict as that, I don't think it is common to have eeprom access from many files.

mvh.,

David