Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] Signature API

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [RFC] Signature API
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 11:45:38 -0500

>> Delays fixing the Tiny88?
>
> Please reference a bug report. I don't know what you mean here.

bug #14855: Link Error "relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL"

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?14855

"Yeah, it took me a while to figure this one out, but I finally did
recently. FYI, you also ran into a bug that has now been fixed, but
not yet released.

The R_AVR_13_PCREL relocation is typically where a rjmp/rcall is not
working due to total code size. The "13_PCREL" part means a 13-bit
relative to PC. RJMP/RCALL can address +/- 2K words, hence 8K bytes
total range and 2^13 = 8K.

You're using tiny88 which is avr25 architecture. There was a bug
recently in binutils, where it wasn't probably doing the wraparound
for this relocation because the avr25 arch was forgotten to be added
to a list. This is fixed now and will be in the next WinAVR release.

I'm trying to get a WinAVR RC out this week. We should see if that
helps your situation."