Re: [avr-libc-dev] Inline assembler and compiler optimization

From: Harald Kipp
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Inline assembler and compiler optimization
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:47:39 +0100

answering myself:

Harald Kipp wrote:
> In fact I couldn't find a single memory clobber in avr-libc 1.6.2.
>
> Did I overlook soemthing? Any comments are most welcome.

Meanwhile I found an old thread dated back in Dec 2005. As it turns out,
the variables, that need to be protected from interrupt access, must be
declared volatile anyway, which in turn would stop the compiler from
re-arranging the assignment.

I still have the feeling that compiler optimization may interfere with
inlined asm statements, but not in this specific case.

Sorry for the noise,

Harald