Re: [avr-libc-dev] Problems building binutils 2.19

From: rr
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Problems building binutils 2.19
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:06:26 +0100

Weddington, Eric wrote:

> [...]
Joerg:

This is not the first time I build the AVR tool chain in Linux, and I
remember reading in some mailing list that both of you (Joerg and Eric)
had different patches for the tools, but the Eric's patches were more
complete than Joerg ones.

Question: Which patches should we use?

The patches found in
"http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/devel/avr-binutils/files/";
have any special order to patch?
I am going to install binutils 2.19. Should I use 2.19.1 patches too?
If I'd install binutils 2.19.1, should I use 2.19 patches too?

>> If you don't like this, you could alternatively use the patches from
>> the FreeBSD port of avr-binutils (as it's e.g. done in Bingo600's
>> Linux toolchain buildscript on avrfreaks.net).  The respective patch
>> there does not only patch the master but also the respective generated
>> files.
>
> And specifically, this is what I do in my build script after configuration:
>
> make maybe-configure-bfd 2>&1 | tee $project-make-configure-bfd.log
> make -C bfd headers 2>&1 | tee $project-make-headers.log
> make all html install install-html 2>&1 | tee $project-make.log

Eric:

Thanks! It worked ok now.