[avr-libc-dev] RE: [avr-libc-commit] [2191] 2010-11-05 Eric B.

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] RE: [avr-libc-commit] [2191] 2010-11-05 Eric B.
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 05:52:49 -0700

Well, certainly the point is to eventually support the Tiny10 family some time
in the future. When that happens, each function will have to be done on a
case-by-case basis. Some functions can be modified with just register changes.
Some can be modified with just a macro to substitute different, small assembly
sequences. Or even both these methods. In those cases, the conditional
compilation will go away. In other cases, the whole algorithm may have to be
modified and there may need to be conditional compilation.

The point is that all of the conditional compilation I put in is temporary
until the Tiny10 family is correctly supported. It doesn't have to look pretty.
It just has to get avr-libc to a point where it can be built without using make
-k.

Patches welcome.