Re: [avr-libc-dev] 1.8.1?

From: Georg-Johann Lay
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] 1.8.1?
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 09:36:16 +0100

Joerg Wunsch schrieb:
As Georg-Johann Lay wrote:

If you use 4.7 with 1.8.0 you'll get a broken toolchain, for example some linux distros or MHV AVR tools 4.7.2.

Just in order to demonstrate the breakage caused by this, do you
perchance have a small example that shows the problem?  That way,
I could make sure it's really fixed afterwards.

As far as I can tell #35407 works as intended.

Look at

$install/avr/lib/tiny-stack
$install/avr/lib/avr25/tiny-stack

there must be crt.o for devices with 8-bit SP and lib.a for these devices. You'll see the lib.a difference in the prologue functions.

Without #35407, e.g. 1.8.0, these directories are empty and the respective files ar located one level higher together with the 16-bit SP devices, e.g. in

$install/avr/lib
$install/avr/lib/avr25

As far as I understand Dmitry, the missing 50% in #35407 is testing, not implementation.

Johann

FYI, the information comes from the 4th column of avr-mcus.def in GCC and is used in driver-avr.c:avr_device_to_sp8(). For a description of AVR_MCU and mcu_type_s see avr-arch.h. Notice -msp8 is a multilib option as can be seen with avr-gcc -print-multi-lib.