Re: [avr-libc-dev] Porting RTEMS patches to avr-libc

From: Rolf Ebert
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Porting RTEMS patches to avr-libc
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 11:34:03 +0100

Am 19.01.2013 20:59, schrieb Cynthia Rempel:
> Then I used WinAVR to run gcc-testing, and got enough good
> results, I decided to move forward with AVR-Ada, promptly ran
> into build problems even with make -k, and am having to slog
> through applying the binutils patches to the 2.24 experimental
> branch... (it looks like there's about 20 now...)  I'm not
> sure what the procedure for submitting the upstreamed patches
> is...

AVR-Ada only builds with gcc-4.7.2.  You require the gcc-patches that
are included in avr-ada-1.2.1.

> If the patches could be upstreamed though, it would lower the
> learning curve for AVR-Ada, and thus AVR-RTEMS, if AVR-RTEMS
> turns out to be feasible...

The patches in AVR-Ada are mostly kludges to get gcc going with my
limited knowledge and they are not worth to be submitted upstream.

If you have any problems building avr-ada or gcc for Ada (gnat)
targetting AVR please send a message to the avr-ada-devel mailing
list.
    Rolf