Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #44869] trunk doesn't work with gcc 5.1.0-RC-201

From: Sivanupandi, Pitchumani
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #44869] trunk doesn't work with gcc 5.1.0-RC-20150412
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 07:19:41 +0000

Yes. If we release from revision r2473 it will work with gcc-5.1, not trunk.

If we release from last revision r2474, it will work with gcc trunk, not
gcc-5.1.

So, we need to change avr-libc to build with all versions of gcc.

> What's the state with respect to compiling that using older compiler
> versions?

Lib directories and startup file names are decided in bootstrapping. But valid
compiler is checked in configure. So, auto detection of compiler and configure
libs/startups will require infrastructure change.

Do you have any input on this?

My in-progress patch will work with additional user options, not auto detection.
I could submit this by early next week.

Regards,
Pitchumani