Re: [avrdude-dev] programming 128

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] programming 128
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:56:40 +0200

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> The only difference between a 5v part and at 3.3v (LV) is how the
> set the secret internal mode fuses of the device (and whether it
> passes tests in that mode).

Are you sure?  My impression is that they are simply sorting them by
the wafer test results.  If they used an internal fuse, there were no
need for a user-visible BODLEVEL fuse (3.3 V devices could always use
the 2.7 V BODLEVEL then).

The very same happens with CPU frequency classification, for the usual
mainstream CPUs (Pentium, Athlon).