Re: [avrdude-dev] Building avrdude doc/

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Building avrdude doc/
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:21:23 +0200

As Erik Christiansen wrote:

>    MAKEINFO='/bin/sh /usr/local/src/avrdude-4.1.0/missing --run makeinfo
>    -I .' \
>    texi2dvi --pdf --batch `test -f 'avrdude.texi' || echo
>    './'`avrdude.texi
>    This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-1.00a-pretest-20011114-ojmw (Web2C
>    7.3.7)
>    I can't find the format file `pdftex.fmt'!

Hmm, can you try the teTeX package?  Sorry, i have no idea about
Debian, but on my FreeBSD as well as on Ted's Linux, it seems that
teTeX is simply the most complete TeX collection so far.  It's not
only TeX and LaTeX, but also a lot of commonly used LaTeX macro
packages (probably not much of your concern right now ;-) as well as
the texinfo stuff, PDF conversion etc. pp.  Seems to me that teTeX has
made it to become /the/ definitive TeX & Co collection during the past
three or so years.

Everything you mention above (texi2dvi, pdftex.fmt, but also texi2html,
texi2pdf) that is here on my machine has been installed by my teTeX
package.