Re: [avrdude-dev] Perl Illegal Operation Error

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Perl Illegal Operation Error
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:41:13 GMT

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 address@hidden wrote:
>
> > So I guess I have several questions:
> > 1. What is perl being used for?
>
> The autoconf and autmake tools use perl extensively.

Thanks for elucidating, Ted. I had no idea what perl was
used for in avrdude.

> I would suggest running the autotools manually and try
figuring out
> which one is causing the problem. I suspect that your
tool chain needs
> some tweaking.

Also, Jeff, I was doing some looking around in the Cygwin
setup and perl is found under the Interpreters tree. Be
sure that you have it installed. I have the latest Cygwin
release 5.8.0-3

Eric