[avrdude-dev] NT system driver conflict between avrdude and uisp

From: Alex Shepherd
Subject: [avrdude-dev] NT system driver conflict between avrdude and uisp
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:13:51 +1200

Hi Guys,

During the weekend I played around more with avrdude (extending the delays)
and also downloaded, compiled and installed uisp.

However a while after starting to play around with uisp and toggling back
and forward between PonyProg, avrdude, BASCOM/AVR and uisp, all of a sudden
I could no longer program with anything except uisp.

I thought I had toasted my Mega8's but it stumped me for a while as uisp
continued to work whereas all the others failed to initialise or identify
the chip. Finally in disgust I rebooted Win2K and everything leapt back into
life again. Shame I didn't try it a few hours earlier!!!

This is the first time I have seen this and it only occurred after I started
to use uisp.

Has anyone else seen any such behaviour?

Cheers

Alex Shepherd

Phone  (Home) +64 (7) 854 0819
Email: address@hidden