Re: [avrdude-dev] avr910 speed-testing/tuning

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avr910 speed-testing/tuning
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:07:51 +0100

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 13:40, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> Of course, instead of using AVR910 protocol at 115200 bps, it would
> make more sense to use STK500 protocol then.  AFAIK, there's
> currently no opensource firmware solution for that, alas.

I have thought about implementing STK500 once. However, I would rather
spend my time on something useful ;-)

My favourite idea is a programming protocol that gets all the
configuration details (delays, page size) from the PC. This way there
is no need to update the firmware to support new devices.

Let's call it "avrdude"-protocol.

I also like to do the implementation based on packets. This way you
could run the protocol over UDP if you like ;-)

/Jan-Hinnerk