Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: cvs back again and butterfly cleanup

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: cvs back again and butterfly cleanup
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:15:53 +0100

On Saturday 13 December 2003 04:08, address@hidden wrote:

> I would like to recommend that the -c and -p switch values be
> retained so that the next time you run the program if they aren't
> specified the previous values are used.

Hi address@hidden,

I don't think that this is giving a great benefit. If you are using
some frontend, a batchfile for building or a Makefile you can insert
the options there (once per project).

If you use the commandline, you can use the history (at least under
Linux). This works fine for me.

If you always use the same programmer you could also use an "alias" or
a batch-script to call avrdude with the "-c" parameter.

This also allows you to specify a programmer other than default, since
all but the last one are (almost) ignored ;-)

Perhaps, we should add the alias-trick to the manual.

/Jan-Hinnerk