Re: [avrdude-dev] Release schedule?

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Release schedule?
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:56:40 +0100

On Sunday 14 December 2003 06:27, Brian Dean wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 09:33:10PM -0700, E. Weddington wrote:
> > > - Do you take latest CVS of avrdude?
> > > - Should we patch together a version without CVS?
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean here. I originally requested a release
> > of avrdude due to a WinAVR release. However, Brian was also
> > interested in release (IIRC) just because of the number of new
> > things. IMHO, an avrdude release is and should be relatively
> > independent of a WinAVR release.
>
> Yes, I had mentioned that with all the relatively nice changes that
> went in, we should do a release soon.  But with WinAVR release
> being pushed back, I don't see any great rush to get out a new
> release. When it's ready, it's ready - I'm fine with sometime in
> January if that works for others.  I think we should continue to
> polish the recent changes and cleanups in progress and go ahead and
> work in any of the new features that have been discussed recently
> like part autodetection and being able to set the baud rate from
> the command line.

ACK.

However, I would like to do a release soon, because I really would
like to start some heavy cleanup afterwards. I will post details (of
what I think) later in a new thread later.

> > > I have the following pending changes:
> > > - "baudrate"-patch
> > > - update the configuration section of manual (not writen, yet)
> > > - "cycle-count"-patch
> > > - TODO-cleanup ;-)
> > >
> > > What should go in?
>
> All these sound good.  Please do all that you feel comfortable
> with.

I don't feel comfortable with documentation ;-) Nevertheless, I will
do it.

Seriously, all patches above should be safe.

/Jan-Hinnerk