Re: [avrdude-dev] 'dos2unix configure.ac' is my friend!!!

From: eric
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] 'dos2unix configure.ac' is my friend!!!
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 14:45:18 GMT

> Hi Guys,
>
> Well according to this URL:
>
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-autoconf/2003-
01/msg00048.html

> Autoconf does not like configure.ac files in DOS format.
Running
> 'dos2unix configure.ac' solved the problem and the whole
process has run
> to completion without error. :)))))))
>
> Maybe we should add a Cygwin-setup.sh file that does the
appropriate
> thing or maybe have the bootstrap script detect the
Cygwin environment
> and do the dos2unix on the configure.ac file as part of
the setup.

Actually, it's probably in how you set up your Cygwin
environment, come to think of it.

Do you have it setup as DOS Line Endings? This setting is
found in the Cygwin Setup when you download your packages.
I found out it's better to have your Cygwin setup with Unix
Line Endings; it's seems to handle all the various packages
better this way. Unfortunately, this may mean reinstalling
all of Cygwin. :-P

HTH
Eric