[avrdude-dev] help - win2k:ppi (dt006) issues with avrdude, uisp works f

From: Davin Gibb
Subject: [avrdude-dev] help - win2k:ppi (dt006) issues with avrdude, uisp works fine
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:51:03 +1100 (EST)

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone will be able to shed some light on this one!

I have a dt006 parallel port programmer. I'm using Win2K. All my software
has come from AVR GCC at avrfreaks.net (so I'm using the cygwin compiled
avrdude-4.2.0).

My parallel port under windows is called 'lpt1', however, I'm on a laptop,
so the base address is 0x3bc.

uisp works a treat, avrdude (and ponyprog) are no good, below is the
output (first success with uisp, then fail with avrdude, yes I have
getio.sys loaded).

You guys have any clue as to why they are different? Any help greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Davin.

/* uisp */
C:\Program Files\WinAVR\bin>uisp -dprog=dt006 -dlpt=0x3bc --verify
if=..\sample\main.hex
Atmel AVR AT90S8535 is found.
Verifying: flash

/* avrdude (i include parsing lpt1:0x378 and lpt3:0x3bc) */
C:\Program Files\WinAVR\bin>avrdude -c dt006 -p 8535 -P lpt3

avrdude: AVR device not responding
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

C:\Program Files\WinAVR\bin>avrdude -c dt006 -p 8535 -P lpt1