[avrdude-dev] Re: Butterfly-patch [was: unreadable topic]

From: Martin Thomas
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Re: Butterfly-patch [was: unreadable topic]
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 18:42:27 +0200

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 12:50:27 +0200
From: "Stefan Karlsson" <address@hidden>
Subject: [avrdude-dev] /x?.FPMB.CBqNl1B.QLT1dQQ.a
To: address@hidden

Hi,

I have connection problems with AVRDUDE and AVR Butterfly,
and found that it is reported as a bug (#9787).

Has anybody applied the patch, and recompiled it for Windows?

If not, what compiler (etc) do I need to do this my self?

/Stefan

PS
 I am using Windows XP Home
DS

Stefan,
A avrdude version with another "Butterfly-patch" is available at
www.siwawi.arubi.uni-kl.de/avr_projects (source and exe).
This Version is based on a pre 4.3.0 cvs-checkout. The proposed
patch to #9787 is better than the one I've implemented but if
you do not whant to compile a new version you may use
my "fork" until the next "official" version of avrdude is available.

If you whant to compile on your own: get cygwin with the
gcc-mingw-compiler-set, get the avrdude source, apply the BF-patch
and do:
./bootstrap; ./configure;
make  avrdude.exe

HTH,