Re: [avrdude-dev] Programming the ATtiny11

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Programming the ATtiny11
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 01:48:18 -0400

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 12:10:33AM -0400, Ormund Williams wrote:

> After browsing the code and reading the STK-500 communications
> protocol, it seems that it would not be hard to add
> parallel/high-voltage programming to avrdude.  Would adding theis
> conflict with the philosophy of avrdude?  I would contribute this if
> it fits.

Not at all - we like features :-) I think this topic came up a while
back, but I can't remember all the specifics.  Regarding the actual
implementation, I think there was some discussion a while back also on
ideas for standardizing on a way to pass programmer-specific options.
I think it might have been Jan-Hinnerk who had some ideas along those
lines.

We are generally quite open to patches, fixes, enhancements, etc.  A
few rules of thumb:

  * try and retain the prevelant coding style, i.e., code indentation,
    and overall source format (placement of curly braces, etc)

  * kind'a goes without saying, but try and keep the code modular
    where possible - if a feature works across multiple programmers,
    try to approach the feature implementation so it can be
    generalized so that all applicable programmers can take advantage
    of it, that kind thing.

Code contributions and improvements are always welcome.

Thanks!
-Brian