Re: [avrdude-dev] AVRDude port to Win2K using MSVC

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] AVRDude port to Win2K using MSVC
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:42:48 -0700

Jack Zkcmbcyk wrote:

Hello!

For the past few days, I've been trying to re-compile AVRDude using MS VC++ 6.0 on my Win 2K machine.
<snip>

My first question is: has anyone ever compiled AVRDude using MSVC++ 6.0?

Possibly. But why would you want to use Micro$oft's tools?

   Second, is there another approach that exists to constructing a list of
items that represent the configuration file? Because that seems to be the
reason for the usage of the Bison/Yacc code is it?

Yes.
Look in the avrdude User Manual, Platform Dependent Information > Windows > Installation. This section gives you instructions on how to rebuild avrdude for Windows.

Eric