Re: [avrdude-dev] AVR-DUDE,JTAGICE mkII

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] AVR-DUDE,JTAGICE mkII
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:16:00 +0200

As Thiagraj Peri wrote:

> And from the archives it is clear the new version of avr-dude(along
> with jtag mkII support) has been released recently.From where can I
> get the latest binaries of avrdude for windows?

Please see the followups made to the announcement of the 5.0-BETA
version, Colin O'Flynn has posted the URL for an inofficial win32
version there.

Note that a few bugs have been fixed since, too.  See the ChangeLog
in CVS.

> Are there any documents related to this new version of avrdude? How
> are the command line options changed while using jtagicemkII(usb
> port)?

Sorry, no USB support in the BETA version.  Colin posted a hack for
USB support under Linux (using the usbserial driver with a forced
configuration to match the JTAG ICE to that driver).  I've recently
added libusb support to CVS, but that's by now Unix only (tested on
FreeBSD) until someone can really either confirm that it would also
work with the Windows version of libusb, or writes a native win32 USB
interface.