Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #4435] Safemode support for old fuse style

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [patch #4435] Safemode support for old fuse style
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 23:46:26 -0400

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 11:28:29PM -0400, Colin O'Flynn wrote:

> I changed the ouput as well - it now says:
>
>     avrdude: safemode: efuse changed! Was 0xff and should be 0xfd
>
> I avoid saying "is now" as the fuse byte has not been changed yet, it could
> still fail or the user could abort.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting - I thought that in the above, 0xff would be
what the fuse byte was when the program started.  And then, just
before exit, the fuse byte is re-read and found to be 0xfd.  In that
case, isn't the current value of the fuse byte 0xfd?  And safemode
would then prompt to verify whether the user wants to attempt to
change it back to 0xff which is what it was when the program started?

Am I thinking of these backwards?

-Brian
--
Brian Dean